It’s hurricane season 🌊🌀 … Time to get prepared!
Use the following links to learn how to stay safe or get help if you need it.
- State of Texas Emergency Assistance Registry (STEAR) (assisted evacuation)
- Call 211 (or 877-541-7905)
- Houston Recovers
- Ready Harris App – family emergency planning, news, live evacuation information, one-button status sharing, and emergency eGuides
- Houston 311 – Report structural problem, flooding, or debris
- Houston Hurricane Evacuation Zones – PDF Map | Interactive Map
- Harris County Disaster Guide
- Harris County Hurricane Guide
- Disaster Preparedness Guide
- Weather.gov preparedness links
- H-GAC preparedness links
Local Emergency Offices
Opportunities to Contribute to Recovery
- Red Cross Disaster Recovery Volunteers
- Volunteers make it possible for the Red Cross to respond to nearly 64,000 disasters every year
- Alpha Search and Recovery
- Alpha Search and Recovery team members are all volunteers, who dedicate their own time and resources to locating missing persons.
- Greater Houston Storm Recovery Network
- The Greater Houston Storm Recovery Network is a collaborative of over 30 non-profit, faith-based, local, state, and national organizations working together to assist those affected by disasters.
- Community Emergency Response Teams (CERTs)
- Ready Corps
- Ready Corps teaches individuals and families how to best prepare for disaster. During training sessions, corps members teach people how to better prepare themselves and their families for disasters, and ensure participants know what hazards and emergency alerts systems are available in their communities.
- Volunteer Houston Disaster Response
- Register as a Spontaneous Unaffiliated Volunteer (SUV) to help support relief efforts, as needed where needed.