Over a year later, many in our community are still rebuilding following the devastation of Harvey. According to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), as of June 1, 2018 over 25,000 Texas households were still displaced with about 400 households still living in hotels funded by the agency. The United Way of Brazoria County is funding a project to help a 71 year old Veteran who’s home was flooded during Harvey. We are happy to lend our hands to a neighbor in need because Americans United in Action believes everyone deserves housing security.
Volunteers are needed for demolition of the home ALL the way down to the foundation. Depending on our person-power we may also be able to build a fence around the property so his dogs have a place to run and do doggy things.
- Saturday December 1st, 2018
- Alvin Area
- Address will be disclosed following registration
- Wear comfortable clothing and CLOSED TOES SHOES
- Bring water, work gloves, face mask (disposable is OK)
- If you have any of the following items feel free to bring them
- Wide shovels
- Register HERE or in the form below